TheTicketingBusiness is delighted to announce the finalists for TheTicketingBusiness Awards 2019.
With nominations flooding in from around the world, we would like to sincerely congratulate all of our finalists for making the shortlists – we will be in touch shortly to advise the next steps.
Proudly presenting our 2019 Shortlists:
CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the most effective ticket sales & marketing campaign – with emphasis on the innovative use of technology and digital channels.
- “Open to All” venue launch, Bonus Arena, UK
- “Calling all Zalgiris virgins”, Basketball Club Zalgiris Kaunas, Lithuania
- “Beautiful, The Carol King Story”, Ticketek/Michael Cassel Group/Her Majesty’s Theatre, Australia
- “Ed Sheeran ÷ Stadium Tour Fan Engagement”, Kilimanjaro Live/DHP/AEG/FanFairAlliance/Victim of Viagogo, UK
- “MLS Cup Run: Breaking records to go all the way ”, Atlanta United FC/Mercedes-Benz Stadium, USA
- “Amazon Prime Day”, London Theatre Direct, UK
UNSUNG HERO AWARD
For an individual/team that delivers consistently outstanding service and results for an entertainment ticketing enterprise (be it a sports team, an arts organisation or an event organiser). Awarded to the quiet achiever(s), the ever-reliable ‘behind-the-scenes’ fixer(s) and the person(s) that ‘just gets on with the job’.
- Linda Mundy, Ticketing System Executive, Adelaide Festival Centre Trust, Australia
- Michael Moravick, Box Office Manager, Ticketmaster for Tacoma Venues & Events, USA
- The Customer-Focused Refunds Team, Ticketplan, UK
- Trevor Baughan, Client Service Representative, TixTrack, UK
- Tiggy Thompson, Client Services Manager, Music, Ticketmaster, UK
For best migration, upgrade, integration or new implementation project. Who’s moved onto a new platform and really seen their revenues and retention rising? Who’s bringing their resources together using smart tools and digital connectivity to wow their customers? Who’s bridging the data and departmental silos? Which transformation has had the most impact on ticket sales and success?
- AULA Ticketing Platform, Oxynade/Radio SWH/Ticketingplatform(.)eu
- In-App Season Ticketing, Swansea City AFC
- AS Roma B2C Portal, Vivaticket/AS Roma/3D Digital Venue
- Lancs Cricket Migration and Enhancements, Lancs Cricket/SecuTix/Two Circles/Pacifa Decision
- National Museums Liverpool’s ticketing move, National Museums Liverpool/Gateway Ticketing Systems
- RFID & Cashless at AMP’s Lost & Found Festival Malta, Event Genius/Ticket Arena
Disruptors share a common purpose: create businesses, products and services that are better — less expensive and more creative, useful and impactful — and scalable. Which new business is set to disrupt – or has already destabilised – the established ticketing order?
- Event Accommodation Plugin, Stay22
- Public Blockchain Ticketing Protocol, Aventus
- Smart Ticket platform, Tracer
- Ice Cream Social affiliate promoter tool, TicketSocket
- Nliven Partner Platform, TixTrack
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AWARD
Awarded to the service, initiative or enhancement to the ticket-buying guest experience – be that at purchase, on arrival, during or after the event. Who’s got the ‘best box office’ out there? What is really improving the way our customers purchase and consume their entertainment experience?
- Enhanced Stadium Entry with Digital Tickets and Mobile Wallets, Everton FC, UK
- Fiserv Forum digital-first ticketing, NBA Bucks/TM Presence/Fortress, USA
- Our (Constantly Enhanced) Customer Journey, BookMyShow, India
- Customer Support team at Ticketswap, Mitchell van der Aar, Head of Support & The Support Team, TicketSwap, Netherlands
- Simplified UX for Disney Tickets, Disney Tickets/Tixtrack, UK
PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD
Awarded for a product or service that has uniquely transformed and improved the way ticketing entities do business.
- Amazon Alexa Ticket Skill, London Theatre Direct
- Cashless Venue Solution, PayinTech
- ExpoWare hybrid B2B/B2C Event Registration Solution, The Ticket Factory
- Integrated ticketing on Instagram, Eventbrite
- Fullhouse single seat re-targeting tool, TEG
- Yoti trusted identity platform, Yoti
INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS AWARD
Best integration or application of data analysis and insights to an entertainment ticketing challenge.
- TickX AI-powered, personalised discovery platform
- Activity Stream’s Data Insights for Customer Interaction
- TicketSwap’s Predictive models to identify fraudsters
- Smart Pricer’s date-driven pricing tools
- Goldstar’s Matchmaker AI, mass customisation of event recommendation
- Ticketek Ignition™ API platform
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the leader, pioneer or visionary that has moved the ticketing sector to new heights. Awarded to the individual that has over-delivered in the past 12 months.
- Sonia Friedman, Producer & Founder, Sonia Friedman Productions, UK
- Donovan Ferreti, CEO, Eventim Brasil, Brazil
- Paulius Motiejunas, Director, BC Zalgiris Kaunas, Lithuania
- Julia Hartz, CEO & Co-founder, Eventbrite, USA
- Simon Vickers, Director – Sales & Ticketing, Disney Tickets, UK
- Jonathan Lack, Senior Director of Ticketing, Milwaukee Bucks/Fiserv Forum, USA
THE TICKETING BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD
The big one! Awarded to the best ticketing business in the business – whether that be a ticketing platform, service supplier, box office, venue, team, promoter, visitor destination, festival or rightsholder. Which organisation has really taken its ticketing to a new level in the past 12 months?
- TickX, UK
- BookMyShow, India
- SecuTix, Switzerland
- TEG, Australia
- Gateway Ticketing Systems, USA
- Eventbrite, USAl
If you made the shortlists, we’ll be in touch shortly!
Winners will be announced at the Gala Awards evening at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester on 9 April 2019.
Want to join us on the night? Registered delegates of the Forum can exclusively buy tickets for the ceremony. Get in touch to register for the Forum.
Any questions about the Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What are people saying?
The best networking place I've been to. I was able to get very high level leads and meet relevant partners. You did a great great job to gather such high level and exhaustive people!
Chloé Julien Founder & CEO, BandSquare, France
CIOs, CTO,s Chief Execs... all those people turn up at this event. it’s a fantastic opportunity to engage with them
Rick Jurkiewicz Head of Ticketing, The Rugby Football League, UK
This is the focal point of the ticketing industry in Europe, where the decision-makers meet and exchange ideas
Niels Henrik Sodemann Managing Partner/CEO, Queue-it, Denmark
At the Forum we made concrete progress with regards to selecting a new ticketing provider. I would be happy to recommend the Forum to other venues in the future.
Martin O'Donoghue Business Development Manager, Cork Opera House, Ireland
If you’re curious about the future, if you want to see how things are developing, if you wanna get to know your peers... you need to be at the Forum.
James Charrington CEO, Dewynters, UK
For me the most important thing was to meet with all the different companies in ticketing and I’ve managed that, and I left with many business cards!