THE TICKETING BUSINESS AWARDS
TheTicketingBusiness Awards were launched in order to recognise leadership, innovation & achievement in the application of ticketing across sports, performing arts, music, cinema, live entertainment and visitor attractions. Nominations for TheTicketingBusiness Awards are now closed – and winners will be announced at TheTicketingBusiness Forum in April.
23rd November – Nominations Open
14th January – Nominations Close
14th February – Shortlists Announced
9th April – Winners Announced
Want to join us on the night? Registered delegates of the Forum can exclusively buy tickets for the ceremony.
Any questions about the Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the most effective ticket sales & marketing campaign – with emphasis on the innovative use of technology and digital channels.
- “Open to All” venue launch – Bonus Arena, UK
- “Calling all Zalgiris virgins” – Basketball Club Zalgiris Kaunas, Lithuania
- “Beautiful, The Carol King Story” – Ticketek/Michael Cassel Group/Her Majesty’s Theatre, Australia
- “Ed Sheeran ÷ Stadium Tour Fan Engagement” – Kilimanjaro Live/DHP/AEG/FanFairAlliance/Victim of Viagogo, UK
- “MLS Cup Run: Breaking records to go all the way in Atlanta” – Atlanta United FC / Mercedes-Benz Stadium, USA
- “Amazon Prime Day” – London Theatre Direct, UK
UNSUNG HERO AWARD
For an individual/team that delivers consistently outstanding service and results for an entertainment ticketing enterprise (be it a sports team, an arts organisation or an event organiser). Awarded to the quiet achiever(s), the ever-reliable ‘behind-the-scenes’ fixer(s) and the person(s) that ‘just gets on with the job’.
- Linda Mundy, Ticketing System Executive, Adelaide Festival Centre Trust, Australia
- Michael Moravick, Box Office Manager, Ticketmaster for Tacoma Venues & Events, USA
- The Customer-Focused Refunds Team – Ticketplan, UK
- Trevor Baughan, Client Service Representative, TixTrack, UK
- Tiggy Thompson, Client Services Manager – Music, Ticketmaster, UK
For best migration, upgrade, integration or new implementation project. Who’s moved onto a new platform and really seen their revenues and retention rising? Who’s bringing their resources together using smart tools and digital connectivity to wow their customers? Who’s bridging the data and departmental silos? Which transformation has had the most impact on ticket sales and success?
- AULA Ticketing Platform – Oxynade/Radio SWH/Ticketingplatform(.)eu
- In-App Season Ticketing – Swansea City AFC
- AS Roma B2C Portal – Vivaticket/AS Roma/3D Digital Venue
- Lancs Cricket Migration and Enhancements – Lancs Cricket/SecuTix/Two Circles/Pacifa Decision
- National Museums Liverpool’s ticketing move – National Museums Liverpool/Gateway Ticketing Systems
- RFID & Cashless at AMP’s Lost & Found Festival Malta – Event Genius/Ticket Arena
Disruptors share a common purpose: create businesses, products and services that are better — less expensive and more creative, useful and impactful — and scalable. Which new business is set to disrupt – or has already destabilised – the established ticketing order?
- Stay22 Event Accommodation Plugin
- Aventus Public Blockchain Ticketing Protocol
- Tracer’s Smart Ticket platform
- TicketSocket’s Ice Cream Social affiliate promoter tool
- Nliven Partner Platform by TixTrack
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AWARD
Awarded to the service, initiative or enhancement to the ticket-buying guest experience – be that at purchase, on arrival, during or after the event. Who’s got the ‘best box office’ out there? What is really improving the way our customers purchase and consume their entertainment experience?
- Enhanced Stadium Entry with Digital Tickets and Mobile Wallets, Everton FC, UK
- Fiserv Forum digital-first ticketing, NBA Bucks/TM Presence/Fortress, USA
- Our (Constantly Enhanced) Customer Journey, BookMyShow, India
- Customer Support team at Ticketswap, Mitchell van der Aar, Head of Support & The Support Team, TicketSwap, Netherlands
- Simplified UX for Disney Tickets, Disney Tickets/Tixtrack, UK
PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD
Awarded for a product or service that has uniquely transformed and improved the way ticketing entities do business.
- Amazon Alexa Ticket Skill, London Theatre Direct
- Cashless Venue Solution, PayinTech
- ExpoWare hybrid B2B/B2C Event Registration Solution, The Ticket Factory
- Integrated ticketing on Instagram, Eventbrite
- Fullhouse single seat re-targeting tool, TEG
- Yoti trusted identity platform, Yoti
INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS AWARD
Best integration or application of data analysis and insights to an entertainment ticketing challenge.
- TickX AI-powered, personalised discovery platform
- Activity Stream’s Data Insights for Customer Interaction
- TicketSwap’s Predictive models to identify fraudsters
- Smart Pricer date-driven pricing tools
- Goldstar’s Matchmaker AI, mass customisation of event recommendation
- Ticketek Ignition™ API platform
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the leader, pioneer or visionary that has moved the ticketing sector to new heights. Awarded to the individual that has over-delivered in the past 12 months.
- Sonia Friedman, Producer & Founder, Sonia Friedman Productions, UK
- Donovan Ferreti, CEO, Eventim Brasil, Brazil
- Paulius Motiejunas, Director, BC Zalgiris Kaunas, Lithuania
- Julia Hartz, CEO & Co-founder, Eventbrite, USA
- Simon Vickers, Director – Sales & Ticketing, Disney Tickets, UK
- Jonathan Lack, Senior Director of Ticketing, Milwaukee Bucks/Fiserv Forum, USA
THE TICKETING BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD
The big one! Awarded to the best ticketing business in the business – whether that be a ticketing platform, service supplier, box office, venue, team, promoter, visitor destination, festival or rightsholder. Which organisation has really taken its ticketing to a new level in the past 12 months?
- TickX, UK
- BookMyShow, India
- SecuTix, Switzerland
- TEG, Australia
- Gateway Ticketing Systems, USA
- Eventbrite, USA
CONGRATULATIONS to all those who made the shortlists.
The Judging Panel convenes in March to decide the Winners. All winners will be announced on the evening of 9 April at the Seventh annual Ticketing Business Awards Party during the Forum at Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester.
TheTicketingBusiness Awards ceremony 2018 took place on 17th April in Manchester. Congratulations to all our Winners:
- Campaign of the Year: Vasco Rossi at Modena Park – Big Bang/VivaTicket/Best Union (Italy)
- Unsung Hero: Sue Beaumont, Ticket Office Manager, Huddersfield Town FC (UK)
- Impact Award: Nimax Theatres’ new eCommerce website – Nimax Theatres (UK) & TixTrack (USA)
- Disruptor Award: Ticketfrog (Switzerland)
- Guest Experience: Fan to Fan resale platform – See Tickets (UK)
- Product Innovation: Cashless Event Solution – Event Genius (UK)
- Insights and Analytics: Arenametrix data analytics tools – Arenametrix (France)
- Executive of the Year: Ashish Hemrajani, Co-Founder & CEO, BookMyShow (India)
- Ticketing Business of the Year: Tiqets (The Netherlands)
- Paul Williamson, Managing Director, Sports Ink Associates
- Sales & Marketing Award: Rewarding your festival ambassadors (StreetTeam), UK
- Smart+Connected Award: OmniTicket new Package Ticketing solution for theme parks (Best Union), UK
- Move to Mobile Award: Enhanced mobile experience (ExtremeTix), USA
- Premium & VIP Ticketing Award: Club Wembley digital & 3D marketing tools for renewals (Wembley Stadium/3D Digital Venue/Ticketing 3D), UK
- Customer Service Award: Cool:Off & Re:Sell customer service features (Skiddle), UK
- Product Innovation Award: TicketSwap transparent ticket exchange (Ticketswap), The Netherlands
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Edwin Shaw
- CRM/Data Tool Award: Event Marketing Cloud data-driven marketing platform (We Cross), The Netherlands
- Moving On Up Award: New UX/UI and API for event discovery and ticket sales (Skiddle), UK
- Unsung Hero Award: Paul Bohunsky, Development Team Lead, (Life Ball Vienna), Austria
- Executive of the Year Award: Libby Penn, Managing Director, Spektrix, UK
- Outstanding Achievement Award: David Andrews, Shubert Ticketing
What are people saying?
The best networking place I've been to. I was able to get very high level leads and meet relevant partners. You did a great great job to gather such high level and exhaustive people!
Chloé Julien Founder & CEO, BandSquare, France
CIOs, CTO,s Chief Execs... all those people turn up at this event. it’s a fantastic opportunity to engage with them
Rick Jurkiewicz Head of Ticketing, The Rugby Football League, UK
This is the focal point of the ticketing industry in Europe, where the decision-makers meet and exchange ideas
Niels Henrik Sodemann Managing Partner/CEO, Queue-it, Denmark
At the Forum we made concrete progress with regards to selecting a new ticketing provider. I would be happy to recommend the Forum to other venues in the future.
Martin O'Donoghue Business Development Manager, Cork Opera House, Ireland
If you’re curious about the future, if you want to see how things are developing, if you wanna get to know your peers... you need to be at the Forum.
James Charrington CEO, Dewynters, UK
For me the most important thing was to meet with all the different companies in ticketing and I’ve managed that, and I left with many business cards!