AXS Europe was named the Ticketing Business of the Year tonight (Wednesday) as the industry’s most impactful decision-makers and enterprises were unveiled at TheTicketingBusiness Awards 2023 at Emirates Old Trafford in Manchester, UK.
Winners from the UK, USA, Germany, Australia and the Netherlands scooped accolades, with Tim Chambers, Managing Director of the TJChambers consultancy, handed the Outstanding Achievement Award.
A selection of expert industry judges sifted through hundreds of nominations to decide on the recipients of the awards, with the full list of winners below:
- CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR AWARD: UEFA Women’s EURO2022 & The Lionesses (The FA)
- IMPACT AWARD: Paper-free and Frictionless (The O2/AXS)
- DISRUPTOR AWARD: GET Protocol NFT Ticketing Toolsuite (GET Protocol Foundation)
- GUEST EXPERIENCE AWARD: Ticket Operations Team at Hollywood Park/SoFi Stadium
- PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD: Away Fan Digital Ticketing (RB Leipzig)
- INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS AWARD: UEFA Women’s EURO2022 (The FA)
- UNSUNG HERO AWARD: Scott Gainsburg, Director – Ticketing, Michael Cassel Group
- EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD: Julie Carson, Head of Ticketing, OVO Hydro/SEC
- TICKETING BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD: AXS Europe
- OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Tim Chambers, Managing Director, TJChambers Consultancy
“Everyone here in ticketing works day and night in a perpetual state of agitation,” Chambers said. “Apparently no one in live entertainment likes ticketing, but let them try and do without it.”
Ian Nuttall, founder of TheTicketingBusiness, who described Chambers as “the ticketing industry’s go-to individual”, added: “Congratulations to everyone who reached the podium. These winners include our industry’s leaders and stand-out innovators, who should all be very proud of their achievements.”
TheTicketingBusiness Awards are the only awards to recognise a whole spectrum of achievements from across the global entertainment ticketing industry.
The awards ceremony took place during the 11th edition of TheTicketingBusiness Forum in front of an audience of senior industry figures. View the photo gallery here.
The awards evening generated over £1270 in donations to our charity partner – the disaster relief NGO Emergency – with TheTicketingBusiness team’s promise offer to ‘more than double event donations’ to generate a total donation of £3,000 to the charity – enough to fund one of its field hospitals in Syria, Afghanistan or other war-torn regions for a month.
TheTicketingBusiness.com will provide more, in-depth reports on all this year’s Winners over the coming weeks.