THE TICKETING BUSINESS AWARDS
The Awards were launched in order to:
- Recognise leadership, innovation & achievement in the application of ticketing across sports, performing arts, music, cinema, live entertainment and visitor attractions.
- Increase the standards and best practice of ticketing.
- Drive awareness and adoption of future ticketing technology.
- Improve the customer experience for ticket-buyers across all sectors.
Nominations for the Awards are now closed – keep an eye out for the Shortlists.
23rd November – Nominations Open
14th January – Nominations Close
11th February – Shortlists Announced
9th April – Winners Announced
Want to join us on the night? Registered delegates of the Forum can exclusively buy tickets for the ceremony.
Any questions about the Awards, please email email@example.com
Nominations are now closed – keep an eye out for the shortlists.
CAMPAIGN OF THE YEAR
For the most effective ticket sales & marketing campaign – with emphasis on the innovative use of technology and digital channels. Please explain how the campaign functioned and include measurable insights into success of campaign with your submission.
UNSUNG HERO AWARD
For an individual/team that delivers consistently outstanding service and results for an entertainment ticketing enterprise (be it a sports team, an arts organisation or an event organiser). Awarded to the quiet achiever(s), the ever-reliable ‘behind-the-scenes’ fixer(s) and the person(s) that ‘just gets on with the job’.
For best migration, upgrade, integration or new implementation project. Who’s moved onto a new platform and really seen their revenues and retention rising? Who’s really bringing their resources together using smart tools and digital connectivity to wow their customers? Who’s bridging the data and departmental silos? Which transformation has had the most impact on ticket sales and success?
Disruptors share a common purpose: create businesses, products and services that are better — less expensive and more creative, useful and impactful — and scalable. Which new business is set to disrupt – or has already destabilised – the established ticketing order?
GUEST EXPERIENCE AWARD
Awarded to the service, initiative or enhancement to the ticket-buying guest experience – be that at purchase, on arrival, during or after the event. Who’s got the ‘best box office’ out there? What is really improving the way our customers purchase and consume their entertainment experience?
PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD
Awarded for a product or service that has uniquely transformed and improved the way ticketing entities do business. Entries should state the organisation/vendor responsible for the product/service, and how the product/service has improved operations at a specific customer install/venue/rightsholder.
INSIGHTS & ANALYTICS AWARD
Best integration or application of data analysis and insights to an entertainment ticketing challenge. Entries should state the project aims, successes and key products/platforms and partners behind the end result.
EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD
For the leader, pioneer or visionary that has moved the ticketing sector to new heights. Awarded to the individual that has over-delivered in the past 12 months.
THE TICKETING BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD
The big one! Awarded to the best ticketing business in the business – whether that be a ticketing platform, service supplier, box office, venue, team, promoter, visitor destination, festival or rightsholder. Has your organisation really taken its ticketing to a new level in the past 12 months?
Nominations are now closed.
TheTicketingBusiness Awards ceremony 2018 took place on 17th April in Manchester. Congratulations to all our Winners:
- Campaign of the Year: Vasco Rossi at Modena Park – Big Bang/VivaTicket/Best Union (Italy)
- Unsung Hero: Sue Beaumont, Ticket Office Manager, Huddersfield Town FC (UK)
- Impact Award: Nimax Theatres’ new eCommerce website – Nimax Theatres (UK) & TixTrack (USA)
- Disruptor Award: Ticketfrog (Switzerland)
- Guest Experience: Fan to Fan resale platform – See Tickets (UK)
- Product Innovation: Cashless Event Solution – Event Genius (UK)
- Insights and Analytics: Arenametrix data analytics tools – Arenametrix (France)
- Executive of the Year: Ashish Hemrajani, Co-Founder & CEO, BookMyShow (India)
- Ticketing Business of the Year: Tiqets (The Netherlands)
- Paul Williamson, Managing Director, Sports Ink Associates
- Sales & Marketing Award: Rewarding your festival ambassadors (StreetTeam), UK
- Smart+Connected Award: OmniTicket new Package Ticketing solution for theme parks (Best Union), UK
- Move to Mobile Award: Enhanced mobile experience (ExtremeTix), USA
- Premium & VIP Ticketing Award: Club Wembley digital & 3D marketing tools for renewals (Wembley Stadium/3D Digital Venue/Ticketing 3D), UK
- Customer Service Award: Cool:Off & Re:Sell customer service features (Skiddle), UK
- Product Innovation Award: TicketSwap transparent ticket exchange (Ticketswap), The Netherlands
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Edwin Shaw
- CRM/Data Tool Award: Event Marketing Cloud data-driven marketing platform (We Cross), The Netherlands
- Moving On Up Award: New UX/UI and API for event discovery and ticket sales (Skiddle), UK
- Unsung Hero Award: Paul Bohunsky, Development Team Lead, (Life Ball Vienna), Austria
- Executive of the Year Award: Libby Penn, Managing Director, Spektrix, UK
- Outstanding Achievement Award: David Andrews, Shubert Ticketing
What are people saying?
The best networking place I've been to. I was able to get very high level leads and meet relevant partners. You did a great great job to gather such high level and exhaustive people!
Chloé Julien Founder & CEO, BandSquare, France
CIOs, CTO,s Chief Execs... all those people turn up at this event. it’s a fantastic opportunity to engage with them
Rick Jurkiewicz Head of Ticketing, The Rugby Football League, UK
This is the focal point of the ticketing industry in Europe, where the decision-makers meet and exchange ideas
Niels Henrik Sodemann Managing Partner/CEO, Queue-it, Denmark
At the Forum we made concrete progress with regards to selecting a new ticketing provider. I would be happy to recommend the Forum to other venues in the future.
Martin O'Donoghue Business Development Manager, Cork Opera House, Ireland
If you’re curious about the future, if you want to see how things are developing, if you wanna get to know your peers... you need to be at the Forum.
James Charrington CEO, Dewynters, UK
For me the most important thing was to meet with all the different companies in ticketing and I’ve managed that, and I left with many business cards!